14 January 2012

A very hippy happy breakfast smoothie

Saturday... a day for many that usually brings a sore head, and today I join the masses. That bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon in hindsight was a terrible idea. I would usually turn to a big British fry up right now, but after last night's Birthday cakes (yes, there were three) and a new blender, I thought I would start the day off with a nice healthy smoothie.

This kept me going for a fair while and was nicely satisfying. The ground flaxseed is added for extra protein. If you don't have any than I'd recommend buying a bag from your local healthfood store, it is about £4.50 but a bag lasts you ages and keeps well in the fridge. It is great in porridge/salads/soup/smoothies/sauces and is soooo good for you.


Blueberry breakfast smoothie

100g of blueberries
1 banana (if you don't like bananas, leave it out and add more oats to thicken)
Handful of oats
Soya milk (or dairy milk)
Squeeze of agave nectar (or honey)
1 tsp ground flaxseed
Dash of vanilla extract
  1. Stick it all in a blender and blend
  2. Add more milk until you get the right consistency
  3. Serve over ice for a chillier start to the day

0 comments: